Saturday 30 April 2011

Visualisations

So my latest project was to draw something that represents a certain combination of words that our lecturer gave us. I found this assignment very challenging. The hardest part was thinking out of the box, and to come up with something out of the ordinary.

My most favourite visualisation I completed represents the combination of words "blue, perspective odd. And that is shown below. :)


It represents blue with the river, odd with the hairy hand, and perspective as the hand is measuring the perspective of the scene with a pencil.

My second piece was done on scraper board, which was a medium i'm not very familiar with, but loved working with highlights rather than shadows.


This image represents 'mekong, juvenile, tree.' Mekong is a river, so this is represented by the hand cupping water from the river. juvenile and tree are both represented in the small sapling growing.

My third visualisaton was done in charcoal


This also represents "blue, perspective, odd" Blue by the water, perspective by the cool perspective i drew it on, and odd by the little fish creature in the glass.

my final visualisation was done digitally, and was my least favourite out of the four, but i dont dislike it at all. Just not as successful as the others.


This image represents "shade, parallel, soup." shade is represented by the boys shadow, parallel is represented in the two boats sitting parallel to each other and soup is...well...soup. haha

anyway. I loved this assignment, and I think I definitely discovered my strengths and weaknesses here. Although digital work is faster, it doesn't mean its better. I think some qualities are lost in digital media, but saying that, some people really know how to use it and can achieve amazing results. it really depends on your style I guess. I will certainly be doing more pen work this year. :)

tomorrow I am leaving for Melbourne with some amazing people!! can't wait!! it is going to an amazing adventure. :D so ready to be inspired.

1 comment:

  1. Wow these illustrations are fantastic Lisa!! I especially love the first too!! Scratch board is so cool!!

    AND YAY FOR OUR MELBOURNE TRIP!! Twas awwesome.

    ReplyDelete