Friday 1 April 2011

Feeling like a Newstar :)

Got the official NewStar shortlist yesterday. I saw my name up there with all the graduates and Honors students and felt a bit elated. My second year animations made it up there with them.
:)
I'm very excited to be going to Melbourne with some of my best mates to go and see AgIdeas and get inspired by all their fabulous speakers!

I have also been invited to the Newstar cocktail party opening night, where all the shortlisted work will be on display in the Melbourne Museum. My lovely friend Jess has been SO SO supportive of all of the excitement, so she's coming as my guest!

My work is also getting published in the AgIdeas book for 2011, where all the Newstar shortlists work will appear. The idea of actually winning the competition does not seem realistic to me, but i could not be happier that some professional graphic designers, motion editors and illustrators looked at my work and said "yes, this deserves to be shortlisted." That makes my heart jump. :)

Looking forward to the adventures we will have in May.

2 comments:

  1. You have no idea how excited I am to be going!!!
    YEEEHAWWWWW!!!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is gonna be such a blast <3

    ReplyDelete